Re: [ST] RE: (ST) RE: st-digest V2001 #729 Saddle Gel

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Ben Snyder wrote:

> Tight leathers is not always the issue.  I'm not sure
> about Mike, but I dont ride with leathers (at least
> pants) - I'm too poor (read cheap) to pay for them -
> and I have the same knee problem.
>
> I think my problem is because while I'm not
> exeptionally tall (just a shade over 6') I think my
> legs are just a shade too long for the ST, maybe I'm
> put together oddly.  After about 2hrs or so in the
> saddle my knees start to ache and 1-2hrs after that I
> *need* to stretch my legs.

I am not as tall, only about a 31"-32" inseem, but I as well need to
stretch after abotu 1-1/2 to 2 hours. When slabbing it on the HWY I will
try to stand on the pegs every once in a while.  And then take a break
every 1-1/2 hours or so. Every other break I refuel.

I think part of the problem is that I don't relax enough on the bike
when slabbing. I don't seem to have near the problems with my hips and
knees when I am straffing as when I am slabbing.

For that matter it is the same with the hands, my hands go numb in the
first 1/2 of a ride then it eases up. I think when I get started I am
tense (excited to be on the bike), but after I settle down the hands are
less of a problem.

Maybe I should try bike yoga or something to help the body become one
with the bike??

t.