Re: [ST] luggage

To me, it depends upon what you're going to be carrying. For years I did my
touring with Chase Harper soft luggage and that worked very well. But I
carry a lot of expensive camera and computer equipment around now and I
appreciate being able to have it locked up and kept dry.

Also, once you have the hard bags, you will find them indispensable and
you'll probably find yourself using them more than you would think. For one
thing, they give you a place to lock your helmet.

>I was wondering what kind of experiences people have
>had with side luggage.  Is the hard luggage worth the
>extra money when I'd only use them a few times per
>year?  Are the soft luggage alternatives worth it?
>How much paint will I have left at the end of the day
>with the soft luggage?

Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles

Vote for Northern California! Highway 36, the best damn motorcycle road
I've been on.
'99 Sprint St
'01 KLR650
'97 KLX300