Re: [ST] Rear Brake defective?

Here's a procedure I perform when I have a caliper off its disc:
    With the pads still installed or using an equivalent
thickness of other material between the pistons, slowly pump the
brake and observe the movement of the pistons.  Usually you'll
have ones which move freely & others which don't.
Continue pumping until the pads meet, then slowly push the
pistons back into the caliper.  I like to open the bleed screw
during this stage & bleed off the fluid in the caliper, thus
constantly replenishing the fluid.  Top off the fluid reservoir
with fresh DOT 4 fluid & repeat.
    Frequently, you'll see that the pistons free up after a cycle
or two and you may be rewarded with a firmer lever &/or pedal
when you're done.
    Also check that the rear (sliding) caliper moves freely on
its pins.  If not, they should be disassembled, cleaned & lubed.

Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST
"NO Dawg"