Re: [ST] givi pannier mounting kits

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Ben Snyder wrote:

> Since I asked about luggage earlier, and I read a few
> people's responses I started shopping around to
> compare the alternate (non-triumph) hard luggage.

I've used the Givi stuff for a while now, had the wing rack 3 box setup on
my '95 Trophy and added same to the Mrs.'s VFR and love the stuff.  It's
not easy on-off for the wing rack itself but I find it totally unobtrusive
without the bags for a day ride in the twisties but then I'm a funtion
over form type.  Sometimes I take the top box or just leave the sides on
even for a day ride cuz it's just so damn convienient to have stuff.

That reminds me I've got to get back to mounting the luggage rack on the
ST so I can marry the Givi top plate cuz I'm using a Givi for the topcase
instead of the $$$ for the T model.  But last time I attempted mounting I
found the rear reinforcing rail didn't mate up in there against the sub
frame right.

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST -mine
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 VFR800FI -hers         /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '89 Hawk GT  -ours   ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  AMA, CMH-Moto,      Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  #3    U    DoD(6.66), HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail