Re: [ST] ST Review - Running lights

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Randy S wrote:

> Here's an interesting review of the '01 ST. (I think I could do without the
> distasteful reference to the World Trade Center, though).
>
> http://www.cmgonline.com/articles/CMG01/bikes/Triumph/SprintST/home.html
>
> Look at the frontal pics with the lights on.  Do all ST's have the running
> lights on in the front?  I know my RS doesn't and I thought I had seen
> ST'ers on the list who had done conversions.  Is this a Canadian thing, a
> 2001 thing or did somebody modify this bike?

If you look at the stoppy picture you will see that the signal lights are off.
One would suggest that the picture you are talking about was taken with
the hazzards on.

Although I must admit I would like the running lights on.

If I ever get the free time and $$$, (mostly money) I want to
remove the bulbs from the rear signal lights and replace with
and array of orange/yellow and red leds. Use the red LEDS for
running/brake lights and then turn off those if the signal light
is to be used, thus employing the use of the orange/yellow.

I am still having trouble find super bright LEDs at reasonable prices.

> Randy (apparently obsessed with lights)

What's wrong with that? To be seen is to be NOT hit.

Still have yet to figure out why people put stickers on tail lights,
remove/modify turn signals. As it is my biggest fear at night is someone
not figureing out that my brake light is not part of the car ahead of
me. With a close second being someone making a left in front of me.

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500