Re: [ST] An Introduction - and a question

Edward Neu wrote:

> My name is Ed Neu.  I just bought a new British Racing Green 2001
> Triumph Sprint ST this past Saturday.

Congrats, Ed -- great bike!

> I noticed (in my short experience) that alot of dirt gets thrown on the
> swingarm and the monoshock.  Is that what the rear hugger prevents?  How
> is the Triumph one, what is it made of, any experinces with it?  Are
> there any other kinds people would reccomend?

Yep, a hugger prevents most of the road grit from being thrown on the
rear shock. Triumph's is black plastic and works well. I have a carbon
fibre one from Jack Lilley's since it matches my CF exhaust pipe. It
works quite well, too. It's just a matter of which you fancy and how
much green is left in your wallet. (Tell the SO that it makes a great gift!)
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff
Burlingame, CA  USA