[ST] Re:OK, we're sponsors

At 21:55 11/12/01 -0800, you wrote:

Oh dear. What did I say? Well, thanks chaps for the more than kind
gestures from what was meant to be a flippant throw away line about
the young riders throwing the bike up the road. Actually the best TV
we had this year was Alistair Bailey chucking the TT into the dirt at
Snetterton, then he managed to do that a few times around the country
as well.
I really appreciate your help and it is not something that I expected
either so I'm not sure about what I'd like to do regarding the offer.
We had a chat this morning and a couple of things were discussed, but
nothing really firm. I don't want to take money and give nothing back
is the first thing, secondly there needs to be something to show for
it. We thought about a team support sticker(decal) and that might be
something worth looking into. Say, we put in on the website as a
purchase item and any sales would then go to the race team. The
team by the way is run by Clive Wood and is independant as far as cash
is concerned from the shop although we of course pick up rather large
bills during the course of the season. Clive manages to find other
sponsors to help for the year and he runs it very tight, there are no
flash motorhomes etc. In fact it is Clives wife, Gill, who supports it
the most by working during the day making wiring harnesses for F1 cars,
Williams in particular I believe. Then the is Paul Messenger who works
for British Aerospace and spends most of his wages working on the bikes
and buying things the team needs. This is starting to sound like a sob
story, it isn't and anyone who has ever been involved with racing will
know the feeling. It's worse than drugs and more expensive.
The other idea was that we give the discount card to supporters but then
that is unfair on those that have already bought one, so I'm not sure
about that. I think the supporters decal is the best way. How about the
design? I'd like to see something with the dawg logo in it, anyone fancy
some design work!!!
I'm really open to ideas. I'd love to have the Dawg decal on the bike
and would more than pleased to see one on there but then as I mentioned
before it was not my intention to tout for cash and it has embrassed me
rather.

So at the end of this rather long missive I'm no further ahead!

Thanks chaps sorry to have rambled so much.

Steve.

Driving down to Italy on Sunday to collect our Bonneville Cafe Corsa,
so I will be away for a few days, another couple of thousand miles in
the line of duty!