Re: [ST] Hugger

FWIW I have the Triumph plastic hugger on my ST. It is the Second
one. The first one cracked around the mounting hole on the right side
swing arm point. My dealer got it replaced by TOA under warranty. The
Second one has also cracked in the same place :-(  I will prolly
replace it with the Lilley Carbon fibre unit over the winter.

Erik

>Ed, I have an '01 and have to traverse about a mile of dirt road to leave or
>get home.  Triumph's black plastic unit is easy to install and works very
>well.  You don't say who you dealer is but most will give you a discount if
>you ask for it.  Get the front fender extension while you are at it, if you
>have a dirt road in your itinerary.
>
>I would also recommend Eric Sheley's 3M plastic protective coating kit - see
>Eric on this list or eric@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Where in FL are you?  Riders of the Lost Empire (RotLE - www.lostempire.com)
>has several meetings every month around the state.  If you attend you might
>find some more usefull ideas, both for your '01 and the older units.  We
>have a lot of both show up.
>
>Tonight (2nd Wed of each month) is the Space Coast Chapter, 705 New Haven
>Avenue at the Green House Restaurant, 7:30 PM.  Come over if you are any
>where nearby.
>
>Andy Kay
>Duck Dawg

End of st-digest V2001 #747