Re: [ST] Arai policy change for Phone and internet sales

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Ben Snyder wrote:

> This just sucks...I was able to sabe $200 on my Arai
> because I bought it over phone order.
>
> Doesnt Arai realize that not everyone sells their
> helmets and that they are limiting their potential
> market?

I would imagine they are getting a lot of pressure from smaller dealers who have customers
come in, try on the helmets and then go off to order them on line. In the statement
they go on to say that they want to ensure perfect fit. For me I know the RF800/900
are the best fit, so when I get a new helmet (probably next summer) I will just order
a new RF900 L. For me that works.

> This 'agreement' sounds very Microsofty to me....

Maybe Arai believes that they will not loose any customers, or the
they believe that they will loose more dealerships if they don't??

PS. Had to dodge ice on the way to work today, but can't show up at the Dallas
motorcycle show in cage, now can I??

Tom

 Thomas Emberson
 '01 BRG Sprint ST (last count 7 months old, 13,700 miles)
 sold: '98 ZX6e, '99 ZX9r, '95 EX500