RE: [ST] Arai policy change for Phone and internet sales

> I'm not sure what legal requirements you have in the States
> but over here in
> the Uk one of the reasons our Arai helmets were more expensive than in
> Europe was that we didn't except the Euro 'CE' mark and our
> helmets had to
> be tested again to the level of the UK kite mark 'BSI'.  Now
> in good old EU
> land we have to accept the lower rating of the 'CE' because
> Brussels says
> so!  It makes for cheaper helmets but are they as safe?

Well I don't think this is strictly true.  An Arai Quantum is an Arai
Quantum, whether it's sold in Sweden, UK, France, Germany or anywhere else
for that matter.  I accept the fact that the requirements for a BSI Kitemark
might be higher than the relevant CE mark, but it's still the same helmet.
I don't think you need to worry about the quality brands like Arai and Shoei
suddenly making less safe helmets because they don't have to obtain BSI
Kitemarks anymore.

Andy