[ST] Winter Boredom Setting In - How Do I Read my VIN # (let me count the ways)

OK - I was totally bored, and decided to read my VIN #
against the key listed on the ST web site.  No luck.  My VIN
#, proudly, for all those who want to steal it, is -
SMT600FM0YJ10XXXX.

This does not jive with the key posted on the ST site under
"New Stuff - How to Read Your VIN".

After the STM, I should have a "TF" , since I have an ST
Sprint, but I don't.  Obviously, I do have a "600" - but my
bike had a "19/43" sprocket setup stock, for the 2000 model,
(which I have since changed to an 18/43 setup) - but the
19/43 doesn't match the code either.  The year of
manufacture is a "Y" (but in the wrong place), so that seems
OK.

So what's up?

I figure it will be April before we sort this all out - just
in time for the melting snow for us Northerners.  So how DO
I read my VIN#?  Let me throw another log on the fire,
polish up the Sprint while in storage, and check my email
daily.

Rick Hartwick
South New Berlin, NY
2000 Sprint ST VIN SMT600FM0YJ10XXXX  (X's added to protect
the innocent)

PS
for comparison, the example VIN listed by Keith is:

SMTTF600MGX100001