From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Matt
Knowles
Sent: 18 December 2001 21:15
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ST] ST Hard luggade

I pull down on the lugguge handle (the one you use to carry it with) with
one hand while I pull out the lock handle with the other. I tend to pull
both in a down and back direction. I usually have to pull hard enough that
the suspension will start to compress. But if you're pulling it hard enough
that you think the bike is going to fall over, then I would have the dealer
look at it and see if something is out of spec.

It will probably get easier the more times you go through the removal and
installation process. Kind of like the transmission.

>The problem as I see it is:
>Do you try to push down on the top box enough so the handle can be pushed
>back in easily or do you push the handle hard enough to force it back in.
>It doesn't seen possible the first way without destabilising the bike.  I
>didn't want to apply too much force the second way as I didn't want to
break
>anything.

>All I could think was 'It should be easier than this'

It should be, but they are bit stiff when new.

Matt Knowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - www.aestheticdesign.com - (707) 786-4643

*