[ST] Re: st-digest V2001 #755

In a message dated 12/16/01 9:57:17 PM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< However, I have never encountered one of these
> mythical "knowledgeable Arai fitters", and can't name anyone else who
> has, either. >>

Lance Suetow, sales manager at Rocket Motorcycles, San Diego, used to work
for Arai, and is a knowledgeable fitter. He takes the cheek pads out for the
initial trial, and can tell from the sound the helmet makes when it pops on
whether it is a good fit or not. He says when the helmet is jostled slightly,
the scalp should move with it. He then fits the cheek pads, which come in 3
thicknesses, separately. I think this service is worth the markup. Dave
Collins, San Diego