Re: [ST] Product Review / Ride Report

original message:
>From: Britbike2@xxxxxxx
>
>Steve and all,
>
>First off,   Family is great.  Don't forget that, and don't take any of
>them for
>granted.  Secondly, , I had decided on a
>Gerbing vest, mostly because the jacket would bunch up in the arms.

Sean,  first off reply:  I did not mean to intimate that I did not see
family on Christmas, I went to visit family last weekend because of work
schedule conflicts this week. So Christmas Day was alone, but I made the
best of it.

To the point, the jacket is exactly what I wanted/needed.  The sleeves are
held well in place under my leather jacket, no bunching and nice warm heat.
I personally prefer the jacket over the vest for the additional heat in the
arms since I wear a perf. jacket.  This was a decision I made vs. a vest and
another "winter" jacket.  Living in Texas I thought my choice the better
compromise as it keeps me nice and warm down to 40.F  Heck, I don't have any
desire to ride when it's colder than that, and I still have my rainsuit as a
last layer if I am caught out for the short term.

I ride with several folks who swear by the Gerbings, or Widder vests.  It's
more a matter of personal choice.  My perf jacket fits pretty snug in the
arms but the addition of the liner is not a problem, in compacts quite
nicely and is amazing at blocking those tiny holes of wind and providing
excellent warmth.

I will definitely suggest, whichever you get, make sure it fits as snugly as
possible w/o being restricting.  All heated clothing requires a snug fit to
work at optimum.

STeve Duncan
'00 Sprint-ST, Black as Nite
Dallas, Tx

"you don't know that you don't know what you don't know"