Re: Richard

!

>This is Richard's second week of physical therapy.  He's doing "passive"
movement of
>the arm (i.e. they're moving it for him or a pully system is moving it) for
a few
>more weeks because the doctor wants the bone to heal more before "active"
movement
>begins.  He'll start back to work 1/2 days next week.  I would prefer he
wait
>another week, but I've been overruled.  He's getting very bored!!  Still,
motion
>looks good, and he's in good spirits.
>
>His bike is in the garage waiting for him.  I'll have to exercise it for
him
>occasionally ;-)!  At first he was thinking he would be back on it by
mid-March, but
>he's finally acknowledged that if he's able to get on it by the end of
April, that
>will be great.  He may be able to be my pillion before he's able to ride
solo.  It
>will all depend on how much and how quickly he rebuilds the muscles in his
arm.

>Lisa
>
>That's GREAT that you're doing so well Rich-nard.
I to wanted to get back on the bike ASAP after shoulder surgery.
I was careful and did as the Doctor told me, however I was agressive in
therapy.
I actually rode around the neighborhood after 6 days.
All out road riding in 2 weeks and OFF road in 6.
I know your situation is more severe, but I think non riders tend to think
differently than riders when it comes to this.
Keep up the good work, hope to see you at the east coast rallye. (right
coast?)
Mark