Re: US bike licence

At 05:39 PM 2/5/01 -0600, Anderson, Neil G (CPR) wrote:
>I've just moved to the US and converted my UK car+bike licence into a South
>Carolina car licence...but without the bike bit.  I now need to take a bike
>test to get an SC bike licence, but before I start, I'm wondering if it's
>best to take a particular safety course in order to get insurance discounts.
>And I don't have the ST here, so I need to hire/borrow a bike for the test!
>Can anyone in the US advise me please?

Neil,

Check with http://www.scridered.org/ and see what they suggest. Of course
things vary from state to state, but here in Florida, if you pass the test,
you just take your card and license back to DMV and get a motorcycle
endorsement - not sure if it is the same in SC. If you take the basic class
they even supply the bike.

- -Eric