new lister

Hi all,
    My name is Kevin and I thought I'd drop a line of introduction since
I have recently signed on to the list. After a long stint as a Concours
rider (9 years, 80k miles), opportunity knocked and I picked up a blue
'00 ST back in April of last year. I've logged about 12,500 miles on my
"blue streak" since April and have been loving every minute of it.
Unfortunately, about half of it has accumulated from my daily commute
here in Southern California (being smaller, it's a better commuter than
the old Connie) - but the rest has been pure gravy! Many days scratching
up and down the canyons have accounted for most of the fun stuff and
there was also a great 4 day trip to Utah thrown in for good measure
last summer.
    I am looking forward to joining in the fraternity of Triumph sport
tourers. Fellow SoCal ST rider Jim Schroeder pointed me in the right
direction (both for the new bike and this list!) and hopefully we can
scrounge up a few more Triumph riders for a good day ride or two this
coming year. (I am based out of Glendale, CA) If I'm lucky maybe I can
convince the wife that we need a Colorado vacation this year just around
the time of the TSRA rallye...  :-)

Cheers!

Kevin

End of st-digest V2001 #76