reply to Jay's [Re: weird thing happened]

At 02:07 PM 2/6/2001 -0500, Jay Welsh Commiserated:
>>The doo-hickey that holds the clutch cable in place is
>>completely gone!
>
>Ditto,
>...snippage...
>While at the dealer I found out that A) they didn't have one in stock, B)
>couldn't pull one off a bike on the floor, C) needed to pull the case to get
>at the lower portion of the rod(?????? great design!)
>The Triumph dealership ordered me the part, and it is in my tank bag as a
>spare to this day.
>
>If you still have the clip I would try to pin it rather than have the rod
>replaced. My theory being that any opportunity to create a fluid leakage
>path (opening the case) that can be avoided, is good. Not that the case will

This is funny as I had the gasket replaced earlier that week for an oil
leak. I should probably have them do the warrenty work and keep my fine
"custom" bit for a spare. maybe I will at the 12K service coming up soon.

On another note - I had fun riding home tonight. I filtered through traffic
on the Bay Bridge and then some to 580 West.

tia, Tai
00 RS "miss lemone"
- --
Tai Day