Subject: Re: frozen battery

All,
    Since water expands and the acid solution in the battery contains water,
it will expand. When it expands between the plates of the battery it
destroys the battery by warping the plates. If you let it get so discharged
that it froze, you probably will have sulfation happening anyway.
    I live in Minnesota. It gets cold here. Right now it is snowing and they
(meteorologists) are expecting a foot of snow over the next few days. My
bike is in an unheated garage. I keep the battery inside my apartment and
charge it for an hour or two once a month. My batteries on all bikes I have
owned over my 32 years of riding have held up extremely well.
Ciao,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------