Re: The wheel is back, with out the bolt :-)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001 Darren_Mason@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> >>believe the process is called EDM. And it cost
> >> me $30 buck to save a $400 wheel.
>
> Also known as "spark erosion".

Makes sence, I wonder what EDM stands for 'Eletric Drilling Machine'?

> I used it to rescue a GSX1100 cylinder head after some of the cam cap bolts
> broke.
>
> >>I tried test fitting one of the bolts into the
> >> wheel. Got it jammed in there
>
> You may have been better off using a thread tap first. This may have
> cleared the powder coating off the thread without jamming it.

I have done that with all of the other holes after I got the first
bolt jammed. I will never use that powder coater again, period! I
was just trying to get away without purchasing a tap/die set. But
ther ehave been other times when a set would have been handy, and
I am sure they will get used again.

Thom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664