Re: The wheel is back, with out the bolt :-)

>> Also known as "spark erosion".
>
>Makes sence, I wonder what EDM stands for 'Eletric Drilling Machine'?

That would be "Electrical Discharge Machining". The two most common types
are single electrode "die sinker" type and "wire EDM". The first type uses a
carbon-graphite electrode for intricate shapes sunk into blind cavities
(such as plastics moulding), or simple copper electrodes (tubing or solid)
for burning out broken drills and taps. Wire EDM is just amazing in what it
can do. As long as you have a small enough hole to start the wire through,
you can then cut very close-tolerance shapes in nearly any metal of any
thickness, with straight walls or tapered, as required. Wire EDM has *many*
fascinating applications. Well, fascinating to me anyhow. And a wire EDM is
one of the very few types of machine tools I haven't had my hands
on.....yet.

Any other machine-shop questions? I know a guy who can answer all the ones I
can't.  :-)

Ken M.