Re: SX Stoppit!

> As some TV cartoon character from my
> distant pass used to say;
> "It's joke, son, just a joke".

Hmm, sounds like Foghorn Leghorn, but I think it's closer to
"Get it son, that's a joke son"
(eg. following such witty comments as "Keep you eye on the ball,
eyeball, ... " when trying to teach the widow hen's son how to play
baseball.)

Trivial way to delurk, but I've been digest-ing your comments as a way
to get a feel for the ST.  I currently have a 92 ZX-6, not the 6R, this
is much more upright, especially with the bar risers, and getting a Givi
windscreen.  I'm sitting on the fence trying to decide how much to put
into this bike for touring, looking for a bike with similar all-day
comfort, better wind protection, MORE TORQUE!!! (3 downshifts at 100kph
to make decent headway), and interested in hardbag options, fuel
injection, and maybe adding in GPS in future.

I've looked at the Bandit 1200, Blackbird, VFR, BMW R1100S and others as
potentials, but have yet to turn a wheel on any of them - still winter
in these parts (Toronto, Canada).  Best guess is I'll still be on the
Kawasaki for this season while I try to make an informed decision on a
bike I'll stick with, so I've ordered the Givi and I'm looking at adding
some better soft bags for some trips this year.  The ST caught my eye
somehow recently, and it does seem to fit the bill nicely, although it
still sounds like some suspension upgrades may be in order for my 215lb
of road-hugging weight.  I'm in no particular hurry to upgrade, but know
myself well enough that it will eventually happen.  Especially if I
can't get my current beast to be a little less cold-blooded - one reason
I'd like what sounds to be an excellent FI system on the Triumph.

Back to lurking.

- --

Thanks.

Jeff Goss