Re: carbon fiber exhaust

>> (from Chris Brant)
>>Can anyone tell me how much horsepower and
>>torque this will give me over the stock setup.

Chris,
I have an ST with the alloy race can, but as the motors are the same & the
exhaust very similar, you can probably expect the same results.
On my bike, there was no increase in hp above 7800 rpm. From 4500 to 6500
there was no difference. It did pick up 2 - 3 hp from 6500 to 7800 as well
as 3 - 4 hp below 4500 ( which is about +10%).
Do you have MS Excel ? If so I can email you the results to see for
yourself.
There are also some other people's results on this TriumphNet website.

>>I would like to know where I can get
>>the wheels polished or chromed.

I dont know if you can actually get the wheels chromed or not. I know here
chromed (car) suspension parts for example are illegal as the parts can
fail due to hydrogen embrittlement somehow caused by the chroming process.
I had my wheels done with a process that is called "NicoShine". I'm sure
someone in the US would also do it (search on the net). The wheels are
polished then covered in a thin (electroless) nickel plating, then polished
up again. The appearance is very similar to chrome plating. Looks better
than polished alluminium & you dont have to repolish all the time.

Darren Mason.
2000 ST.
Melbourne, AuSTralia.