RE: Chain adjuster unseized

What is your latest tune number?

- -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]namens Bryan Marsh
Verzonden: vrijdag 9 februari 2001 0:25
Aan: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: Chain adjuster unseized

Well, my wayward chain adjuster has been unseized by my local dealer's
excellent mechanics and, I understand, treated to copious quantities of
copper grease to hopefully prevent it happening again.  All's well that ends
well or, rather, it would be but for the 50 quid I was charged for the
privilege!  "But the warranty..." I protested - in vain.  Apparently
previous attempts to get this through Triumph had failed with them allegedly
blaming it on the British weather(!).  I shall be writing to the factory to
complain about this.  Jolly poor show if a chap's bike can't survive it's
first winter weather - especially when it is only 60 miles away from where
it was built!

And whilst I'm here, I seem to remember several posts a few weeks back
suggesting the latest tune increased fuel consumption.  My experience would
tend to support this:
average prior to 12,000 mile service = 64.1mpg (UK)
average since 12,000 mile service = 59.6mpg, with no significant change in
riding style or journey type

Anyway, time for bed...

Bryan
(in Bedfordshire)