Triumph tank Bag modifications

I know that some folks out there have modified their tank bags,
specifically the base, to make it easier to take on and off. I really
like the Triumph tank bag but I don't like putting the base on and
off. Would someone who's modified their base like to post pics and
info on what they did to make the base easy on and off. I saw a
couple of folks at the Rallye last year that had put Fastex buckles
on the front straps allowing the base to be easily removed while
allowing the straps to safely stay in place. That's kind of what I'd
like too do. All opinions will be appreciated. Maybe Eric could add
this info to the web site..

TIA,

Erik