Re: weird thing happened

 > >If you still have the clip I would try to pin it rather than have the rod
 > >replaced.
 >
 > Thanks for the suggestion - I did my once a year full cleaning today and
 > noticed that mine was nearly out (the stock pin). Pressed it back in and
 > added a cotter pin, so unless the stock pin breaks I should be all set.

what pin are you guys talking about?  i thought i knew, but after
looking at the lower end of my clutch cable this weekend, i'm confused.

from memory, there's a little u-shaped thing on the end of the cable,
with a pin through the arms of the U, going through the lever that
operates the clutch.  is the little pin the thing you're talking
about?  if so, where are you putting the cotter pin?  the pin on my
RS is _just_ long enough to be peened on the end to hold it into the
hole in the U-shaped part.

paul