Re: re: SWMBO love for RS

>>> "Sanford, John" <JSanford@xxxxxxxxxxxx> - 2/9/01 11:36 AM >>>
Hey Darwin,

>But upon seeing an Eclipse Blue 2000 RS on the showroom floor,

Glad to see you posting here.  I must admit, I'm jealous.  Apparently, there
isn't an Ecliplse Blue RS to be found west of the Rockies, aside from the
little ones at Wal-Mart.  You think maybe you can get those folks at
Motorcycling to include service intervals in their specs?  That's relevant
to those of us who don't plan on wrecking our rides before the next latest
and greatest comes out!

They should include service intervals. I'll mention it, but I am the ultimate pion on that corporate ladder.

Rider still puts in service intervals, but I think I found a mistake in their info on the Sprint RS. They said it had 6000-mile intervals, which I thought referred to valve and throttle body adjustments, but they must have been referring to oil changes, because the owner's manual on Pat's Sprint RS specifies 12,000-mile intervals.

One side note about that oil-change recommendation: I asked Erik Buell about the 5000-mile intervals recommended in Buell owner's manuals, and he replied, "We both know anyone who knows anything about engines will change every 2,000 miles (remember, Buells are air-cooled)." Erik said they just put those insanely long intervals in the manuals because that's what everyone else does.

Darwin