[no subject]

The pads will always travel in as far as they are pushed. Which is
why brakes will require more pull distance is the rotor is warped
a bit, as the pads will get pushed in further. As pads wear they
do not push in as far thus more brake fluid stays in the slave
cylinders.

You could have pads that start out 12" thick, as long as you had
the travel in the slave cylinders and enough fluid the master
cylinder reservoir. In fact, in such as case the brakes would
actually get firmer as they wear, because as they wear, become
thinner the friction material would be less compressible as it is
thinner. And as we all know brake fluid is not compressible.

In other words, the master cylinder only has to be big enough for
the instantaneous movement of the slave cylinder, not for the over
all movement of the life of the pads.

Anyway, if you look at you bike, and how much surface area there
is on the slave cylinders, you can see why you would come close to
emptying the reservoir through the complete life of a set pads. In
fact, what we are talking about is the power of hydrolics, the
master cylinder moves save 1 cm with 20 lbs of force, where the
slaves travel 1mm with 200 lbs of force.

Thus, stoppies for all. It's in the constitution :-)

I shut up again.

t.