Re Dragon Rally

Kieth, on Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:29:13 +0000
You wrote:

Did you go ?

I was planning a ride into Snowdonia on Saturday but went up the A5 between
Llangollen and Corwen and found it interesting to go around the corner and
find half of your side of the road covered in frozen rail water. I
persevered up to Pentrefolas then turned off onto the A543 over the moors
to Denbigh.

How where the roads in Snowdonia ?

Kieth,

Like yourself we came over the Denbigh moors but in reverse, Denbigh to
Pentrefolas after visiting A & D motorcycles. Quite fancy that MZ Baghira
for a winter and greenlane bike.

I did not see any ice but can imagine you encountered some hail, as we were
in horizontal ice water for most of the trip between Betws and LLanberis,
great fun going over the pass.

This years Dragon, was a little dissapointing !
There were more people leaving after booking in and getting their badge,
than in any other year
before, maybe due to the horizontal rain, wind, mud, mud, and more mud and
as I guessed the site being smack bang on the coast near Caenarfon who could
blame them.

Anyway, on the subject of Rally's, as Rally Secretary for the Birmingham and
Wolves branch of the Triumph Owners Motorcycle Club ( TOMCC ) I will be
posting a general invite to all on the Triumph lists for our Thunderbird
Rally on the weekend of the 22nd of June at Oswestry Rugby Club, as soon as
we have decided what the entrance fee will be. Keep this weekend free, its
too good to miss!

Best Wishes,

Graeme.