Re: New pup for the pack.

Hi John,

I also have the "Houligan" (my friends and wife gave me that name) Orange RS,
purchased in January 2001, and also found the shifting rather hesitant while
the break-in oil was doing it's thing.  Before I changed the oil though I
adjusted the shift lever significantly lower relative to stock and it became
much easier to get a positive shift.  Also easier to operate while laying on
the tank during during moments of extreme acceleration (which are frequent
for me!).  The shifting does get much smoother after the oil change and after
a few hundred miles; plus getting used to it!  I have had no problems with
the bike but am rather un-impressed with my local dealer's Triumph (and
street bike) knowledge.

Hope you enjoy your bike.

Randy in Scottsdale, AZ  USA