Re: HeliBars

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, William A. Flowers wrote:

> Previously, you (Mike Benzon) wrote:
> > Joel, I'm not sure I can tell you much about riding position, I am 6' 1".
> > However, here's what I was told. Scoot up to the tank and lean forward to
> > create bend in my arms. Learn to hold yourself up with your stomach and leg
> > muscles. This relieved the stress from my elbows and wrists.
>
> I can do that for a few hours but somewhere around the 5th hour those
> muscles give up.  That is the point I start wishing the ST had a riding
> position closer to the Trophy.
>
> My longest ride was 13+ hours.  It was gruelling.  :-(

Two thoughts, first IIRC that 13 hour trip was with the tall screen
on, thus very little wind holding up you upper body.

Secondly, hit a gym, sit up, crunches, back extensions, plus in my
case loosing about 10 lbs in my mid section will do wonders.

Part of the reason for my exercise program is so that I will be
able to spend 18 hours on my 6, get a decent 6 hours of sleep, and
I am as good as new. Couch potato Thom can't manage such a feet,
but, in shape Thom can and has done so.

t.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664