Re: installing hugger on RS

At 11:13 AM 2/15/2001 -0500, Paul Fox wrote:
>has anyone installed the triumph hugger on their RS?

Yes, I did.

>i got one for
>mine a while ago, but hadn't yet had a chance to install it.  i'm
>hoping to this weekend.  just wondering if there are any special
>tools or tips that i should have.  this will be the first time pulling
>the rear wheel (i'm assuming i'll need to), so any tips along those
>lines appreciated as well.  (i've done all this on other bikes, just
>not the RS.)

You'll not need special tools. I just followed the instructions, that are
pretty clear and straight-forward. After removing the rear wheel remember
to clean very well the swingarm near the shock, especially the part that
will be covered by the hugger.
I did not install the little tab to be covered by the Triumph logo onto the
connection point between the hugger and the chain protector... because I
didn't like that too much... as you can see in the picture I just uploaded.

Ciao.