Re: RE: st-digest V2001 #95

>>> Matt Knowles <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> - 2/15/01 10:40 AM >>>
>When I took my KLR to Alaska it looked like the proverbial pack
mule.(http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles/images/klr6501.jpg) Being a
tall bike anyways, I found it impossible to get on the normal way. What I
ended up doing is mounting the bike as you would a horse. I would put my
left foot on the peg and then swing the right over. It looks a little
weird, but it works.

I use the same technique. It works well, provided you have a centerstand or a good side stand. That style of mounting can get pretty hairy on bikes with pathetic excuses for sidestands like Ducatis.

Darwin