venting/ducati BS/life

Hey,

Just thought I would vent for a second, Bill knows more than what
I am willing to admit to in public, but the last part is new. As
it was I was not feeling well, but lets add some insult to injury.

So I take my wheels to a reasonable shop to get the wheel put on.
Well first thing when you go into the back "Hey did you bring valve
stems?", what friggen shop has not valve stems, huh. Next step, we
put my front rim on the static balancer, frigged it is, not worth
a damn. So lets take a look at the rear, well had to put the bearings
in, they don't have a bearing driver set, but they know what they
are doing. Well the left bearing (cush drive side) gets put in too
far, in trying to rectify the problem, would up breaking part of
the inside race. Not on the bearing travel part, but damn close.
And of course they screwed up the dust cover.

I said, I don't want to ride like that. They said you don't need
it, they ride without the dust covers on purpose.

I said, don't worry, the wheels are junk. I'm gone, you need the
tools. He helped me to the door.

So I just ordered a new set of wheels, I am not going to risk my
life to save $830. Just not worth it. A lot of friggen money there.

Moral of the story, if you buy used parts, don't do it mail order,
too far to drive to get face time. Basically I lost $240 for powder
coating (never ever go to 'Show and Go' in Garland), and about $300
for the used rims. So really I blew about $600, lessen learned.

To the Ducati side, on the way back from the shop for a couple of
minutes to see a bike that is ridable, keep up the hope right?

Man, when I said the lead runner for a Sport Tourer was a ST, they
just started to spout the abuse. ST4 is faster, holds its value
better, looks better. Current Triumphs are not real Triumphs, some
stupid rich bloke bought the name, and thats it.

The owner chimed in and said before he bought the dealership he
bought a ST and tried to trade it in and was only offered $3-4k
for it, 3 months old no-less.

Anyway, thats how my day is going, thanks for listening, back to
the sofa, got to feel better tomorrow.

t.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664