Re: Dealer of choice?

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Jack Hays wrote:

> 	Thomas wrote: I wonder how BWM of Dallas is going to be for Triumphs,
> now that
> they are Duc, Beemer and Triumph.
> 	Thomas, I bet that once they sense your preference they will be pro
> whatever.

Jack,

I was more wondering if the same would happen there as we heard
about other combo Triumph big brand dealers. I vaguely remember a
few different people complaining about Triumph/HD, Triumph/Honda
dealers where the non-Triumph riders seemed to get preferential
treatment once the bike is sold. IIRC, one gentlemen waiting weeks
for some warranty attention while the T./HD mechanic just kept on
rotating HDs on his lift.

One might worry that BWMs and Ducs may be more profitable on the
lift, thus inadvertently get priority.

BTW. Thanks for the but dyno on the Duc, was it a ST4 that you
rode? As well did the squarish end of the gas tank bother the inside
of your thighs?

Thom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664