Re: New Apparel Line

Lisa said:

> I understand your feelings!!!  I've had a hard time finding gear that
> fits, but don't forget Vanson with their competition weight leather.

I actually tried on some of the Vanson stuff at Mota in Berkeley when I
was there (noticed that Paul just posted their going out of business sale --
I got their email about it a few days ago -- sad...hope they can find a
buyer for it).  I don't fit the Vanson mold very well.  I once tried a
custom suit from them and it was a fiasco because of how the measurements
were taken.  But I have no doubt that if it had been done right it would
have been a great suit.

Neil said:

> I don't think you have to go to (or order from) the UK to buy Hein Gericke
> clothing. I bought my jacket from my local dealer here in Vancouver, BC, and
> I'm sure I remember seeing Hein Gericke stuff at a show in California that I
> watched on American Thunder a while back.

The line that I ended up getting in the U.K. isn't imported here.  (Or
least it wasn't at the time that I bought it.  Still  don't think it is.) It was
a two piece combo that was sized for women with full race armor in it.
I also have some First Gear stuff which is very high quality.  I guess my
point was that although Hein Gericke certainly exports certain leathers to
the States for women, I found better more options overseas for "heavy
duty/race-ready" leathers.

Kathy