Re: British legal question

Thomas Emberson wrote:

>The question is, is it common in Britain that severance packages
>contain a clause ban the person from working for the company,
>period. That include, contract work, directly or indirectly (as in
>temp agency).

I'd say it's not a general rule, but it depends on the employer.  Quite a
few people downsized or retired early from my employer over the last few
years have taken on consultancy roles for us after leaving.  However, I know
my father had such a clause prohibiting him from working as a consultant for
the Health Board after he retired early.

Neil