Solved! (was Re: Sticky throttle -- help!)

Mike Benzon wrote:

> Blake, I don't know if my locking throttle problem was the same as yours,
> but my throttle did the same thing when I bought it new. The problem on my
> bike was the rubber grip was crowding up too tight against the starter
> button, kill switch, control box on the throttle side bar.

Close -- it ended up that the grip was pressing against the bar end weight.

I swung by the dealer to get a cable lubing tool and mentioned the
problem to the service guys. The service manager took off the bar end to
take a look for himself, and the problem went away. So, he added a
little washer in between the bar end weight and the rest of the grip.
Problem fixed!

I'm not sure why the problem "suddenly" showed up. It may have been such
a gradual thing that I just didn't notice it until I'd been away from
the bike for a while.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA