Re: fender ext. installation

Paul:

Having put in about a million rivets in my Watsonian sidecar (required after
I stripped the sidecar to have it painted to color match my Thunderbird)
last year, I gained a lot of first hand experience.  Do NOT put in a pop
rivet from the inside, it will look like hell and will not work as well.
Get a piece of cardboard and practice a few rivets first.  You will get the
feel of the pressure needed and what it will look like.  Drilling the
correct size hole is very important.  Too large and the rivet will
eventually become loose, too small and the rivet won't fit and will stick
out.  Be sure to hold the gun "square" to (and touching) the surface so the
rivet does not go in at an angle.  Squeeze firmly all the way.  If the rivet
pin does not break off clean, you can release pressure and squeeze again.
Use stainless or aluminium rivets, not steel.

Good luck,

John Westcott