Re: Tyres for an RS?

Barry

I really can't say what the grip on the MEZ-4's are in the rain, though
they have some pretty serious rain grooves in them.  Can't really say
about the Bridgestones either.  It's not that I avoid the rain while
riding, but in almost 2 years and 18,000 miles on this bike, I've only
ridden in the rain twice for less than 20 miles each time, though those
miles were slip free.  It rains so infrequently here, that we really
have to be careful when it does of wet oily roads.  Living in a desert
keeps me more or less dry.

I think the MEZ4s have as much grip as the BT56SS.  The BT57 rear would
squirm a little under cornering just to let you know it was still there.
  A bit disconcerting, though I never felt it was going to give way.
With mostly winter riding and a very long freeway trip on the Metzlers,
I haven't had a chance to put them to the test.  The mountain roads are
still pretty slick around here.

Dan Wallander
'99ST