Re: 99 vs00 or 01?

> There's nothing wrong with the '99.  If you do go for it though make certain
> the dealer throws in a center stand.  The '00 was the first year the bike
> came standard with one.  Also go through the records to ensure all the
> recall items have been taken care of.  Not that many but worth your time to
> check.

The '99 did come with a center stand, but it was a recall item on the
early bikes.  '99 STs were subject to the following recalls, based on
VIN numbers (i.e. not all were involved):
center stand, sump bolt and fuel sender.  You also need to check the
ignition wiring harness to make sure it is not being pinched between
your handlebars and the frame when you are turning the steering head all
the way to the left (putting it into headlock).  All are fixable (though
the verdict seems to be still out on the accuracy of the new fuel
senders--I use my trip meter anyway, even though my gauge is fairly
accurate), and certainly have not spoiled my enjoyment of my ST!

Lisa White
'99 Red Sprint ST.