Re: 99 00 01 answers

Thanks all for the info. I've known about most of the recalls and the dreaded
fuel sender problems as I've been reading the list for a while now, come to
think of it since the first ST came out. I purchased a 98 Sprint Sport right
before the ST came out and while I still love my bike I've lusted after the
ST since I saw one. The savings on the 99 over a new one is substantial. My
real concerns were more about the fact that even though the 99 is new it has
still been sitting for about 2 years now. I was wondering about the effects
of lack of use on seals, internal engine parts, possible oil contamination
problems, this kind of thing. I'm guessing it would be just fine, actually
there are two, one red and one black. I do prefer the black wheels to the
newer polished ones on the 01 and then there's the color thingy. Blue? BRG?
Black? or RED!  I've heard red is faster (if it's original red of course) but
my dealer has an 01 Blue one and a BRG being uncrated as I write. God don't
ya love America! And England too of course.Adios, Mark