[ST] RE: Rear Brake

Joel,

Please keep me posted on that warrenty claim from the stuck rear caliper.

The same thing happened to me at about 1,800 miles in Wyoming.....no dealers
there.  I had to go about 500 miles without rear brakes until I could find a
dealer (eastern South Dakota) before I could have them fixed.  Because of
the time difference from Mountain to Eastern, Triumph of America was closed
and instead of spending the weekend in South Dakota, paid for a rebuild of
the caliper and new pads myself.  Additionally my rear rotor is blued and I
think that should be replaced also.

Thanks Eric

00 ST Blue (the choice color of babes who like to hold on tight)

<snip>

I'll second the short lifespan of the rear brakes also.  I've got 4500
miles, and though I still have some pads left, I did manage to loose the
rear rotor due most likely to a stuck caliper.  I'll be hauling the bike to
the dealer next week in hopes that I can get this repaired under warrenty.
As for riding it to the dealer, it is still to cold where the dealer is
located, my friend's Tiger has to go in for its 6K service, and we would
need to have someone follow in a car for a ride home.

- --Joel