Re: [ST] New Daytona

I think it's so sad that the world's motorcycle press is so biased
towards the Japanese companies, and even worse that the Triumph
directors are forced to pay attention to them.  Who came out with the
first FI 600? Triumph. Press Reaction: Doesn't look like a Japanese
bike. Triumph reaction; new Daytona looks like a bad copy of a Japanese
sport bike. I don't know about you folks, but I bought Triumph (ST)
because of its distinctive English looks and history. I personally like
the fact that it very distinct and rare. Article is Jan 2001 "Bike" says
Yamaha sold 4000 R6's to 600 Triumph TT's Followed by an article stating
how wonderful the 69 Bonneville was.  Will the January 2031 "Bike" have
an article praising the virtues and collectability of the 2001 R6? I
doubt it!
David
"99 ST