Re: [ST] GPS on the ST

In your message regarding [ST] GPS on the ST dated Tue, 20 Feb 2001
20:07:57 -0500, by way of Message_Redirector@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said that ...

>bwoM-  Anyone use one?
>bwoM-  I have an eMap and the 12v cigarette lighter plug connector, is there some
>bwoM-  sort of patch cable for the Sprint 12v socket to make it the same size as a
>bwoM-  conventional car socket?

I used an 'in-line' cigarette lighter socket wired +ve to rear light wiring
and -ve directly to the battery.  It sits directly in front of the battery
and the lead is long enough to under the tank up to the yoke and then to
the holder.

Then you get to keep the inline fuse (1A I think) and your accessory socket
is still free for the minidisk player :-)

- --
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/