Re: [ST] New Daytona ( pre load)

> the street is not to trade or confuse compliance for too soft.  I
> find it really difficult to ride a bike that's setup HARD. I want the
> suspension to soak up bumps, and not to transfer the energy to the
> chassis. It's a lot easier to go fast if the suspension is keeping
> everything on an even keel. Ever watch the race bikes.. see how the
> riders and bikes seem to stay relatively smooth
> well they are it's the suspension working, soaking up the bumps..
> compliance with control is the elusive goal.
>
> Erik

Guess for the most part I have to agree. But, the insane part of me just
can't seem to pass up those opportunities to sample narrow little unkempt
byways (lots in Western VA and WV) that are chock full of bumpy surfaces.
With the suspension set up just slightly too hard, your mind in the zone,
going just slightly faster than is prudent, bike just slightly out of
control skittering over rough surfaces with the front and back not always
lined up perfectly. Paved motocross tracks, air time!!! Uh Oh! I think my
pulse is starting to pick up. You're right Erik, it's winter, I better
relax.

Paul & Dee
Madd Dawg & Dinky Dawg
1999 Triumph Sprint ST