Re: [ST] Re: New Daytona

barry.croft wrote:

> I'm surprised
> they've stuck with the old tubular frame.

Me too, but hey, if it works, don't mess with it. Ducati's done quite
well with a trellis frame...

Maybe the NEW new Daytona (four
> cylinders, next year?) will get the alloy frame.

Four cylinders? I sure hope not. The triple is about the only appeal the
new Daytona has for me. In my humble and uninformed opinion, I think
that a three cylinder engine can get most of the grunt of a twin, but
still spin high and make good top-end power similar to an inline four --
assuming it is engineered correctly. (I'd like to see what
Triumph/Wilcox can come up with, but I'm also watching Benelli.)
Achieving this goal would make it a wonderfully fun and competent bike.

> Function? I like the double swingarm (having owned two single-siders I can
> confirm they're for style and nothing else).

Eh, I thought they made changing the rear tire easier? Oh well; even if
they don't, they sure are sexy as hell -- especially when paired with an
underseat exhaust, a la Ducati.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA