Re:GPS on the ST

 >Also worth mentioning is if the GPS is to be handlebar mounted then the
 >wiring needs to feed up alongside the centre of the steering yoke so as to
 >avoid the risk of it snagging when going from left full lock to right full
 >lock.  This means using cable ties.  Therefore the semi-hard wired
 >solution would seem preferable.

Good point. I intend to mount it to the front bolt on the gas tank using a
diamond Ram mount with one of the points of the diamond cut off.

 >Thus - if you are going to use the GPS almost every time you go out on the
 >bike then I suggest you use my solution.  If you are going to have your
 >mobile phone on charge all the time on the bike plus the GPS then get a
 >double adapter.  Heated vests definitely belong in the accessory socket as
 >do battery optimisers and tyre inflators to facilitate easy removal.>>

Have already mounted it and used it on my other bike... Never use the other
gadgets you mention... the eMap is a nice addition to a motorcycle. I am
pretty good at mapreading and don't feel like I _need_ a GPS, but to have all
the maps you can load on that thing at hand on the road would require a
trailer full of paper maps.

 >Alternatively buy a Gold Wing as these seem to have everything built
 >in!!!!!

This Monday, I was on a very quiet (and twisty) highway back in the hills and
the only other bike I saw was a Gold Wing... Maybe he found the road on his
eMap? That's how I found it...

Thanks