[ST] New Daytona -->Trophy

Styling - You love it...You hate it!

    Actually, I think the bike looks nice. I agree that it has a look
derived from the styling cues of other manufacturers and hope that Triumph
maintains a distinctive look. As usual, change takes some getting used to
for some. I don't intend to buy a Daytona, ever, but wonder what styling and
equipment will transfer to the Trophy due out next year.
    I am not a big fan of digital instruments, but the fact that you can
switch to KPH from MPH (radar detectors are illegal in Ontario and Quebec.
Big signs on the Tans-Canada warn of this) is appealing, since I live in
Minnesota and like travelling through Canada on occasion. That would work
for me on the upcoming Trophy.
    As part of the brakes discussion, BRG/Keith had numbers that showed that
braking distance increases with a passenger (and I would think, luggage). I
think this is a result of the way the weight is carried. Passengers and
luggage sit fairly high and increase weight transfer to the front during
braking. I am hoping that anti-dive is engineered into the upcoming Trophy
to counter this.
    I don't know how many of you are more interested in the Trophy or a redo
of the ST than in the Daytona, but I sure am! I think now is the time to
offer up opinions. The Daytona is already a done deal. Does anyone else have
any? I hope Triumph monitors discussions here and takes heed.

Ciao,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $8.99/mo! ------