Re: [ST] Re: GPS on the ST

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, David Earl wrote:

> I'm contemplating wiring a bare end Garmin plug to the open connector
> under the right side turn signal which I gather from earlier posts is
> for the heated grips. Anyone out there with more electrical experience
> than I give some input pro or con.  I noticed while changing my bulbs to
> the Phillips Vision Plus (Thanks for the tip) that there are many Molex
> connectors under there but the grip is a connectior I'm unfamiliar with.
> Anyone know what it is and where I might find a mate.

Personally I would probably tend to run the wiring to the battery
proper or the fuse panel. I would not have the GPS receiver switched
with the ignition, so you do not need the bike on to take a look
at maps and such. Anyway, what if you want heated grips at some
point?

Thom

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664